Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Challenge #11 - Crazy For Colour

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to a new challenge here at Anything But CuteBranka here and I am your hostess for this month's challenge. First of all, I would like to thank everyone who participated in Sara Emily's 'Grungy Love' challenge last month with all their amazing and very grungy Valentine's projects! Don't forget to check back with us next Saturday when Sara Emily and the team announce the winners of the 'Grungy Love' challenge. Now on to this month's theme.

Spring is coming! A time of the year that brings amazingly beautiful vibrant colours! This is what inspired me to choose the theme for this challenge...

CRAZY FOR COLOUR

To celebrate the springtime, we would like you to create a mixed media project using vibrant colours! It can be a tag, a card, an art journal page or anything else! Just be sure it's vibrant! It's time to go 'crazy' with colours!

***

And now for some inspiration from the talented Anything But Cute design team!


Anne - Redanne
I absolutely love the faux crackled glass technique I thought I would experiment with some really vibrant colours and give a 'facelift' to this oil diffuser set.


Branka - Vintage Handmade
A lots of acrylic paints (mostly fluorescent), Dylusions inks and acrylic inks have been used in creating this vibrant art journal page. I also used my hand dyed wool, a medical gauze, a piece of dyed burlap and some buttons. 


Cec - CW Card Creations
This Pot of Posies art journal page was made with lots of inks and stencils for the background.  The posies and butterfly utilize some watercolour techniques while the pot came from a painted page.


Niki - Pawsitively Creative Crafts
Going through my art supplies made me realize I do not have really Vibrant colors so I used what I had and enjoyed the end result. All of these colors put together really pop! Both butterflies are 3D! Embossing powder, alcohol ink, and Colour Arte paste took me "off the beaten path" with this tag. Hugz and Carpe Diem!


Pamellia - My Little Craft Things
I just love Branka's "Crazy for Colour" theme, it gave me a chance to just let loose and start spritzing those ink sprays every which way!! Lots of handmade embellishments, paints and texture products put together to create my Rainbow Sherbet Canvas!


Samra - Paper Talk with Samra
To create this card, I used neon paint that I got in Spirit Halloween store last year; some texture paste added through geometric stencil; hand made flowers and a few rhinestones. I hope this inspires you to create something bright and happy for this challenge. :)


Sara Emily - sarascloset
I had to dig deep to find my bright colors, but I finally put to use my Dylusions sprays, my long forgotten LuminArte Silks, Distress paint, transparent texture paste, some yard-sale-find fluorescent embossing powder and even a little bling to make my little canvas .

***

Truly inspirational and stunningly vibrant works by my talented teamies! Wow, ladies, what a treat for the eyes! Please hop over to the team blogs to see more photos and get some details on how these projects were made. And don't forget to leave some bloggy love while you're there.

I hope that we have inspired you to get out your vibrant colours and create some wonderful projects for our challenge!

The winner will receive the honour of being our Feature Artist for an upcoming challenge!

Here at Anything But Cute we just love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional projects and artists. You just never know when we might be giving out something special to a lucky mixed media newcomer. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Challenge runs until April 4th - we can't wait to see what you come up with! Happy Crafting from the entire team and thanks for visiting Anything But Cute!


20 comments:

  1. Wow..Loved this post filled with vibrantly colored projects !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome spring challenge~ Thanks for all the great inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to enter this but there is no link to add our work, worried if this is not sorted until tomorrow or later it will be too late to add as it would be classed as past work

    Kind regards

    Jacquie Jacobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jacquie,
      Sorry about the Linky tool. We are getting it squared away. :) No worries about it being too late to add your design. As long as your post is dated March 5th and not earlier, we understand. Can't wait to see what you created! Hugz and Happy Crafting! ~Niki DT

      Delete
  4. Can't see any linky so my journal page is here x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amazing colours and wonderful projects

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....I love these gorgeous zingy pieces. Great work ladies and a super challenge theme xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning makes Ladies and loving all the colour..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bright colours! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great challenge that makes me happy, I love vibrant colours! :)
    and the makes by everyone are so lovely today again, thank you everyone for the inspiration. Congratulations for your beautiful art!
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulously vibrant creations by the DT. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm new here. I just love the inspiration going on here! Wonderful creations.
    xoxo
    Michelle aka MiSchra
    P.S. I forgot to put "newbie" in the link. Sorry about that... should I just delete my two links??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, what we mean by newbie, is if you are new to Mixed Media in general, not if you are new to our blog challenges. So no worries about putting newbie on your entries. However they were posted prior to our challenge start date of March 5th, so we cannot consider them for prizes this time. We hope you will join us again for future challenges...your work is beautiful! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

      Delete
  12. I'm a newbie too! Fantastic inspiration from everyone! I adore colour, so I had to join in.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting pick for the theme this time, was fun to try and go brighter than my usual muted, grungy self. Fantastic DT work and linkups so far. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was the perfect challenge for this time of year, especially with such beautiful inspirational pieces by the DT members. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for a fun challenge ladies, I hope I have used enough colour to satisfy the requirements. I had so much fun playing along and hope to get another entry in, if I can finish it in time! Your gorgeous projects are inspiring more than you realise and thank you for sharing them with us too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous inspiration, fun and vibrant colours, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the beautiful, bold and bright inspiration from the DT! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab inspiration by the DT . Terrific theme and so pleased I've had time to enter this month .
    thank you x

    ReplyDelete